FRENCH BITE - Here is a guilt free recipe for delicious french buckwheat crêpes - hope you enjoy it!
Buckwheat is full of benefits:
- gluten free
- helps digestion
- high in protein and fiber -> sensation or satiety
- good at draining retained water
- with relatively few calories and practically no fat
So, don't hesitate to add buckwheat to your meals as flour, seeds or even flakes.
The Buckwheat crêpes batter recipe:
- 500g buckwheat flour
- 2 table spoons of white flour
- 2 eggs
- 1L water + 25cl beer (light lager if possible)
-> let the batter rest for a few hours in the fridge
You can use your favourite topping, but one of the most famous in France is "la galette complète":
- slices of tomatoes
- emmental cheese
- 1x egg
- some Provence herbs
If you like the combination of sweet and savoury, here is one of the most tasty topping-recipes:
- tinned, diced tomatoes
- slices goat's cheese
- add a little bit of honey on top
- finish the topping by adding some Provence herbs
This recipe is easy and really fast to cook. The buckwheat crêpes are really delicious, and are a good addition to your everyday meals :) Enjoy!
"Je vous souhaite un Bon Appétit"!