CHIA PUDDING RECIPE
This week we have brought you a very tasty, yet incredibly healthy Chia pudding recipe! First, let’s talk a little bit about the health benefits of Chia Seeds, as they are among the most nutritious food on the planet..
- They are high in antioxidants
- Almost all of the carbohydrates in chia seeds are fiber. This gives them the ability to absorb 10-12 times their weight in water, so they keep you fuller for longer,
- They are high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods,
- Chia seeds are very high in Omega-3 fatty acid,
- Chia seeds are also high in calcium and magnesium
Chia seeds are incredibly easy to incorporate into your diet. The seeds themselves taste rather bland, so you can add them to pretty much anything. They can be eaten raw, soaked in juice, added to porridges and puddings, or added to baked goods. You can also sprinkle them on top of cereal, yogurt, vegetables or rice dishes.
Isn’t that amazing?
We need a nice photo of chia seeds here :)
- 2 table spoons of Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 tsp of agave syrup (add more if you like it sweeter)
- Half a kiwi and a sprinkle of raw cocoa beans to garnish
I like my pudding warm, so I usually warm the almond milk up a little bit on the stove, but it really isn’t necessary. Then I pour it on the Chia seeds, stir them up a bit, add the cinnamon and the agave syrup, and let them soak until it becomes jelly like, about 10-15 mins. Another option is to mix the almond milk , chia seeds, cinnamon and the agave syrup the night before and let it set in the fridge to save some time in the morning..